USSD Solutions in Nigeria
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) is a protocol used by GSM cellular telephones to communicate with the service provider's computers. USSD can be used for WAP browsing, prepaid callback services, mobile-money services, location-based content services, menu-based information services, and as part of configuring the phone on the network.
USSD messages are up to 182 alphanumeric characters in length. Unlike SMS messages, USSD messages create a real-time connection during a USSD session. The connection remains open, allowing a two-way exchange of a sequence of data. This makes USSD potentially more responsive than services that use SMS, if a real-time interaction is desired.
The initiation of the communication can either be USSD-PUSH (Mobile Terminated & Provider Originated) or a USSD-PULL (Mobile Originated & Provider Terminated). USSD works using a connection oriented HTTP API between our USSD gateway and your application.
Please find below our pricing and details on ussd:
One-Time Setup Fee: N100,000.00
Price Per Session (NGN)
1 - 100,000,000
Total Cost: Setup Fee + Quantity of Session Time Purchased.
For e.g: Total Setup = N100,000.00 + 10,000 Session time( N160,000.00) = NGN260,000.00)
NOTE: No Other Fees except for purchasing more Session Time as indicated on the chart above.
APIs in XML or HTTP format will be provided after payment is confirmed.
We cover MTN, AIRTEL,and ETISALAT. (We do not have connectivity with Globacom)
• Compatible with features phones and smart phones
• A fast communication between the application and the user
• Near instant delivery
• Free to end users
• More interactive as compared to SMS
• Suitable for sensitive info like one-time password
• Works on all existing GSM mobile phones
• Mobile booking / redemption service to acquire more customers
• No internet connection is required
• Improve user experience by reducing the latency delays
• More characters are allowed in a USSD message
Advantages to End User:
1) Get rid of slow and boring IVR system
2) Within finger tips convenience
3) No cost to be borne by the mobile users
4) No special phone setting is required
5) Simple and easy to be used
Features of USSD:
- USSD is session oriented in real time and thus users receive response immediately
- Turnaround response times are faster because it is not a store and forward service like SMS
- USSD supports menu based applications, allowing more user interaction
- Interactive navigation allows faster two-ways messaging services and navigation
- Incoming messages are of flash type and cannot be stored in phones
Why use USSD messaging?
1.Reduce cost of messaging by leveraging on USSD technology without increased complexity. Messaging cost is below 1/4 of standard SMS price to west EU destinations
2. Real-time POS Voucher / Coupon Offers. Message then disappears meaning it cannot be used again.
3. Security data (e.g. pins) - deliver security information in real-time. Message disappears which means it cannot be accessed by anyone else later.
4. Use USSD to deliver promotional SMS to drive customers back to your mobile services in real-time. Promotions / Offers / Free-play.
5. one-time passwords, reminders ( e.g. calendar reminders or dentist appointment), marketing, M2M
6. USSD integration can be achieved with our state of the art API documentation. Technical Support is an email or phone call away.
How To Sign Up
- Send your complete Service Description and Letter of Intent for USSD Application.
- Information is subject to approval by Telecom before payment is made